- During scheduled relief coverage, will carry out primary on-call veterinary responsibility at the assigned Navy location under the direction of the primary veterinarian.
- Will execute emergent, urgent, and preventative health care needs to marine mammals in line with the marine mammal medicine program mission.
1 years - Working with marine mammals
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The National Marine Mammal Foundation (NMMF) has a mission to improve and protect life for marine mammals, humans, and our shared oceans through science, service, and education.
We achieve our mission through the following actions:
- Collaborate with the nation’s top scientists and institutions to translate our research into applicable medicine and species conservation
- Develop education programs to share NMMF research discoveries and expertise
- Foster an environment that creatively, effectively, and positively shapes marine mammal medicine, research, training, and education
- Conduct research that benefits the conservation and care of marine mammals and the health of humans
- Support the Navy’s ability to provide exceptional care and training of their marine mammals
Our vision for the future is to revolutionize the way we think about marine mammals. By embracing the partnership created between human and marine mammal, we can create a sea change in our global approach to scientific exploration, ocean conservation, and public education.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)