- Perform feeding and administration of food, food supplements, and medications.
- Perform observation of marine mammals
- Assist, as tasked, with basic marine mammal husbandry
- Maintain and clean equipment
- Maintain detail records
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- High school diploma (or equivalent) and
- Experience with animal training, commercial maritime operations, or experience as a marine mammal care custodian
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to pass the NMMF swim test for nightwatch project employees
- Maintains high ethical standards during care of animals
- Maintains attention to safety standards and requirements
- Displays a strong commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Able to demonstrate strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- Able to convey a professional image and positive attitude regarding the NMMF, the U.S. Military, and the nonprofit sector
- Remains flexible and willing to adapt to an evolving work environment and changing weather conditions
- Able to embrace a flexible work schedule to include work hours on holidays, weekends, and after-hours as needed to meet the needs of the position
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The National Marine Mammal Foundation (NMMF) has a mission to improve and protect life for marine mammals, humans, and our shared oceans through science, service, and education.
We achieve our mission through the following actions:
- Collaborate with the nation’s top scientists and institutions to translate our research into applicable medicine and species conservation
- Develop education programs to share NMMF research discoveries and expertise
- Foster an environment that creatively, effectively, and positively shapes marine mammal medicine, research, training, and education
- Conduct research that benefits the conservation and care of marine mammals and the health of humans
- Support the Navy’s ability to provide exceptional care and training of their marine mammals
Our vision for the future is to revolutionize the way we think about marine mammals. By embracing the partnership created between human and marine mammal, we can create a sea change in our global approach to scientific exploration, ocean conservation, and public education.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)